Audioengine D1 24-Bit DAC/Headphone Amp
The D1 reflects traditional Audioengine design and the audio fidelity is typical of Audioengine’s commitment to great sound at an affordable price. This premium 24-bit DAC (digital-to-analog converter) allows you to bypass your computer’s sound card or headphone output and send audio through USB or optical.
Perfect for providing high quality audio to speakers or headphones, the D1 is a premium 24-bit DAC and headphone amplifier for your computer, TV, and more. The D1 connects to your computer’s USB port or optical output without any software to download, making the D1 quick and easy to set up.
D1 will process digital audio at any bit depth up to 24 bits and any sample rate to 192kHz. With it’s high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion, the D1 delivers sound quality generally heard only in more expensive DACs. The high-performance headphone output was designed for a wide range of headphones and will satisfy even the most demanding headphone enthusiasts.
The D1 accepts inputs from both USB and optical and has outputs for any audio system or headphones. The D1 DAC is the perfect way to get great-sounding music not only from your computer but from your TV, Apple TV, Blu-ray player or CD player. DirecTV and Comcast also have optical outputs for high-res audio. Setup is easy and no special software, app, or driver is needed, making D1 a true plug-and-play digital audio solution.
- 3.5” x 3.75” x 1”
- 5 oz
- DAC type: USB and Optical
- Inputs: USB audio and SPDIF Optical
- AKM4396 D/A converter
- USB transfer mode: Asynchronous dual clock
- USB controller: TI1020B
- USB 1.1 or above
- Input bit depth: 16 bit, 24 bit
- Input sample rate (USB): 32kHz-96kHz native playback; 188.2kHz & 192kHz re-sampled to 96kHz
- Input sample rate (Optical): 32kHz-192kHz native playback
- Outputs: Analog RCA L/R Stereo and Analog 3.5mm mini-jack stereo
- Full scale output level: 2.0V RMS
- Output impedance: 2 ohms
- Recommended headphone impedance range: 10 ohms to 10K ohms
- Headphone amplifier: OPA2134
- Optical receiver: CS8416
- Frequency response: 10Hz-25KHz (+/-0.5dB)
- SNR: (DC to 20kHz)>110dB
- THD+N: (1kHz FS 96kS/s) <0.0025%
- Crosstalk: -85dB
- Power requirement: USB 5V, 200mA
- USB power filtering: 2-stage redundant regulation
- USB cable, approx 2’
- Microfiber bag
- Setup guide
Ships in 2-3 business days from order date