American Trench's Trench Coat in Khaki
This trench coat begins its journey in a UK mill, where military-grade Ventile cotton — originally developed for British pilots flying high over the North Atlantic — has been woven for 73 years. From there, it goes to New Jersey, where masterful American hands cut and sew the fabric into a timelessly stylish, classic trench silhouette. Yet for all its traditional looks, it acts perfectly modern, with a waterproof-yet-breathable coating, interior smartphone pocket, detachable hood and more.
The exterior facing fabric of the American Trench is 100% cotton Ventile fabric, woven in the same mill in the UK since 1943. Ventile was originally developed in WWII to use as flight suits for British pilots to survive North Atlantic seas. Ventile is densely woven from American grown and spun extra long staple (ESL) Supima cotton, and the tightness of the weave creates a water repellent fabric. There is an additional DWR coating on the fabric - a modern twist that increases surface tension (beading effect) but does not inhibit breathability. The interior plaid lining in glen check pattern is 100% cotton and woven in North Carolina exclusively for American Trench
- For more information on the properties of this amazing fabric, please click here.
Fit & Details
pit to pit
seam to seam
outside to hem
hps to hem
- Modern and trim silhouette but enough room for a blazer underneath — if you wear trimmer fit suits, feel safe ordering your suit size.
- Customers used to a more generous fit should consider going up a size.
- detachable button-on hood with interior pocket for hood storage
- interior smart phone pocket
- hidden zipper pocket underneath front slash pocket for valuables and keys
- accepts button-in warmer (sold separately)
- engraved logo buttons