GrooveWasher Walnut Record Cleaning Kit
A clean music source is fundamental for high fidelity listening. The GrooveWasher Walnut Record Cleaning Kit will safely and effectively remove dust, dirt and fingerprints from your records. Whether it's an old record or a new one with some factory dust, GrooveWasher cleaning products will provide you with audiophile quality results.
- Solid milled American Walnut handle with a waterproof oil polyurethane finish. Hand sanded and rubbed by our wood artisans. This handle will serve you well for decades.
- Replaceable Microfiber Cleaning Pad, with velcro on the plexiglass base to secure the pad to the handle. Easy removal for cleaning or replacement.
- G2 Record Cleaning Fluid in 4oz bottle with mist spray applicator.
- Record label protector mask.
G2 Record Cleaning Fluid-Science
The GrooveWasher G2 Record Cleaning Fluid is the result of years of research and testing. The selection of ingredients was guided by the formulations of the D series fluids of the 1970s. G2 Fluid is designed for maximum cleaning effectiveness of the delicate vinyl surface and microgroove, without the need for rinsing. Anti-static action on contact. Honest cleaning to release the honest sound of the recording.
G2 does not fix scratches or scuffs or damaged grooves. Once the original analog signal in the microgroove is damaged, nothing will recover it.
G2 Fluid contains:
• Surfactant: State of the art, technical surfactant, designed to dissolve the oils from fingerprints and effectively to clean the vinyl record's delicate surface.
• Super wetting agent: A specialty surfactant, combined with a blending agent, that reduces the fluid's viscosity so it can penetrate to the bottom of the microgroove and spread the G2 Fluid across the record evenly. You can see the wetting action when you spray G2 on the record.
• Emulsifier: Suspends the oils, dirt, mildew and microdust particles until the microfiber cleaning pad absorbs and pulls the grime from the record surface.
• Purified, deionized water: The carrier for the active cleaning ingredients. Eliminates static electric charges on the record's surface on contact. Generally, this anti-static effect endures to the end of playing the record side.
GrooveWasher Solid Walnut Wood Handle Design
The GrooveWasher walnut handle is milled from a single piece of midwest American Black Walnut, hand finished by our wood artisans, with waterproof oil polyurethane.
We designed the shape to be easy to grip while cleaning your records. Low profile hook velcro is applied to the bottom of the handle to secure the replaceable cleaning pad. This handle is milled, fine sanded, laser etched and hand finished by nearby vendors and our staff in North Kansas City, MO, USA.
Cleaning Pad Design & Science
The GrooveWasher replaceable microfiber cleaning pad features a super absorbent black terry style split microfiber cover. This fabric is effective in removing the contaminants borne in the G2 Fluid from the record's microgroove. The design of the low profile loop velcro on the back of the pad allows the pad to be removed from the walnut handle and washed or replaced. The cleaning pads are made by hand by our textile artists in North Kansas City.
Designed and hand crafted by GrooveWasher in North Kansas City, MO, USA
Ships in 1-2 business days from order date.