Horse Brand's Urban Tour Bicycle
Handmade in Horse Brand’s Brooklyn workshop, the Urban Tour is an artisanal bike if there ever was one — though looking gorgeous isn’t the only thing it does well. It’s made of TIG-welded, double-butted tempered steel alloy and has an oversized head tube, which allows for wonderfully responsive and lightweight urban riding. And it comes in five colors, two of which are new for 2016.
All bicycles are made in house by the Horse Cycles Workshop in Brooklyn, NY. All materials are sourced from the United States. The bicycle tubing is high quality True Temper double-butted, 4130 steel alloy. This, paired with our tig-welded construction produces a responsive, lightweight and durable bicycle that will last a life time. Each bike comes equipped with cantilever brake mounts, water bottle bosses, and rack / fender mounts, making it a versatile and rugged do-anything bicycle. Horse Brand is involved with each step of the process to ensure the highest quality product. Ride it to your local farmers market, down to the beach, or load it up for a cross country tour.
Detailed geometry can be found with the product images. We have kept true to the original design and most of the geometries. Both the seat tube and the head tube have responsive angles. This allows the bike to perform in most all areas. The Nimble set up is perfect for navigating the city or tearing through a Cross course and controlled enough for those 80+ mile rides up through the palisades. Chain stay length has been kept to a minimum while still allowing room for 38mm tires optimizing acceleration and reared responsiveness.
Fork rake is set at 47mm across the board which is perfect for a controlled Cross race and responsive Urban riding. Though not meant for a heavy load, the front end tracks beautifully for lighter touring and on longer rides.
- Oversized head tube accepting 1 1/8th steerers and more modern stem components.
- Enve carbon fork option
- An additional set of water bottle mounts
- Paragon USA machined braz-ons
- Two new color options
- Durable powder coat finish with lug lined fork crown
- Offered in 5 different colors
- Cantilever brakes for increased stopping power and fender clearance
- Two sets of Water bottle mounts , rack, and fender mounts
- Horizontal dropouts with derailleur hanger for single speed or multi speed set ups
- 700c wheels and clearance up to 45mm tires
- Threadless 1 1/8" steerer tube
- 27.2 seat post clamp diameter