Oru Kayak - Beach LT
The Beach LT kayak uses origami to unfold from a compact box, into a high-performance kayak. Unfolding only takes a few minutes — no pumps, tools or roof racks required. In the water, it’s sturdy, durable, agile and fast — it paddles like a molded hardshell kayak, minus half the weight.
With a large cockpit and stable 28” beam, it’s perfect for day trips, picnics, fishing, and casual fun with friends and family (or even dogs!) While it may be Oru's friendliest boat, it’s still built to the company's high standards of strength and durability, rated to 20,000 folds. And it’s as easy on the eyes as it is on the water.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Folds from a box in under 10 minutes
- Can easily fit in closets, car trunks, or airplanes- say goodbye to roof racks!
- Open cockpit design for ease of access
- Great for a day paddle, fishing, relaxing and more
- Adjustable footrest
- Bulkheads for hull strength
- Adjustable backrest
- Weight: 26 lbs
- Length: 12’ (feet)
- Width: 28”
- Kayak Box: 33" x 12" x 29"
- Shipping Box: 35" x 15" x 31"
- Max Load: 300 pounds
- Storage: 140 liters
- Max Paddler Height: 6'6"
- Cockpit size: 23.5” wide
Fabric/Material Content and Construction:
DURABILITY - Oru Kayaks are made from a custom polypropylene, with a 10 year UV treatment, and a 20,000 fold cycle rating! While the hull is designed to take a beating, we suggest you treat your kayak like a fiberglass boat. Oru Kayaks come with a limited 12-month warranty.
- Made of double-layered, custom-extruded polypropylene
- Lightweight and extraordinarily strong
- Manufacturer-rated for 20,000 fold cycles
- 10-year UV treatment
- Withstands sliding over rocks or bumping into obstacles under the water
PERFORMANCE - Oru Kayaks use origami to deliver incredible tracking and stability— the hull folds create hard chines and a long keel line. The lightweight materials make handling easy and responsive. Oru Kayaks have been extensively tested in many environments - lakes, rivers, bays, and oceans.
- 26lbs., making it less than half the weight of a traditional kayak
- 300 lb weight capacity, allowing room for 1 adult + a pet or small child
- 28" width for increased stability and comfort
- Wide cockpit for easy entry and exit
PORTABILITY - No garage, SUV or roof racks required. Stash it in a trunk. Check it on a plane. Store it behind your couch. Hike it into remote waters. The Beach makes kayaking simple, easy, and accessible–so you can spend more time doing what you love.
- Folds up into the size of a large suitcase
- Stash it anywhere: your trunk, closet, boat, garage, van, even under your bed
- With practice, unfolds in under 5 minutes
- Standard accessories fit into the folded up boat
- Check it on a plane or hike it into remote waters with the Oru Pack