SharpEdge - Suncraft Burja Prosciutto Knife 300mm (11.8")
Burja [pronounced as 'booryah'] is the first Japanese-made prosciutto knife. Designed by SharpEdge, forged by Japanese smithery Suncraft, based in the famous blacksmith town of Seki, made of Japanese steel and optimized for cutting prosciutto.
But no worries - Burja is not just a knife for cutting prosciutto. Because of its harder, but still flexible blade, it can be used for cutting other dry meats as well. And due to its thin and long blade profile, it will perform well as a slicer for larger pieces of meat and fish.
Burja was fitted a black handle made of pakka wood with a decorative red ring and a stainless bolster for a comfortable grip. Pakka wood is laminated wood, consisting of 70% wood and 30% resin, which makes the handle extremely durable and resistant to humidity, plus it is easy to maintain.
- Blade shape: Slicer
- Steel type: 1K6M VM
- Hardness (HRC scale): 58
- Overall length: 430mm (16.9")
- Blade length: 300mm (11.8")
- Blade height: 23mm (0.9")
- Spine thickness: 1.8mm (0.07")
- Weight: 170g (6.0 oz)
- Handle length: 125mm (4.9")
- Handle type / wood: Japanese / Pakka wood
- Blacksmith: Suncraft
Use and Care:
- Handwash in warm water and towel dry
- Use a sharpening stone (not a honing steel!) to sharpen your knife
- Do not cut frozen foods and meat bones
- Do not put the knife in a dishwasher
Ships in 2-4 business days from order date.